20 Photos to Inspire You to Visit Tulum.
Last month, we spent a few weeks exploring Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula with Brand Tango. From Tulum to Cancun to Valladolid, the Yucatan Peninsula has so much to explore. We loved everywhere we visited in the area, but we absolutely fell in love with Tulum. Tulum is right on the coast and has all the laid-back beach vibes that are perfect for a relaxing getaway. There are magical underground cenotes, ancient ruins, crystal clear blue waters, and mouthwatering tacos that are to. die. for, so basically Tulum is heavenly and absolutely worth visiting and experiencing for yourself. Here are 20 photos to inspire you to visit Tulum:
We loved Tulum so much that we are already planning to go back. There is so much to see and explore and we barely scratched the surface, but we wanted to share a few of our favorite things that we did while we were there.
Our Top 10 things to do in Tulum:
10. Matcha Mama: This little shack on the side of the road is insta-famous, so you have to stop by and grab a drink. Also, the only chairs they have are swings, so how much fun is that?
9. Raw Love Tulum: You know I love a good smoothie bowl and all the smoothie bowls at Raw Love Tulum are raw and organic and so delicious. Plus, it's right on the beach, so basically it's a dream come true.
8. Nomade: If you're looking for a fun place to stay, Nomade is an adorable little beach spot with huts right on the sand. Whether you're looking for a place to stay or you just want to spend a day hanging on the beach there, it's full of fun and relaxing beach vibes. Nomade also hosts retreats, workshops, and wellness activities.
7. Tulum Ruins: Even if you’re not into history, the Tulum Ruins are amazing to see! Not only are they thousands of years old, but they're also right on the beach, so it's the perfect place to spend the day. For $8 more than the regular ticket, you can get into the ruins two hours early. You don't have to have special access, all you have to do is get there early, walk to the ticket office, and pay the extra fee. You'll get the whole place to yourself and it's an absolute dream! It's like an adult playground and absolutely worth going early.
6. Grande Cenote: The Grand Cenote is definitely one of the highlights of Tulum. It's absolutely stunning. Get there early to avoid the crowds and make sure you have time to swim and explore a bit on your own. There are caves filled with bats (which sounds scary, but it's honestly amazing) and amazing underwater rock formations. Entrance is cash-only, so come prepared.
5. Take a day trip to Valladolid: We decided to take a day trip to Valladolid to see Chichen Itza, and we totally fell in love with the town of Valladolid. Obviously, you have to go to Chichen Itza when you're in the area, but you should also take some time to walk through town center. There are colorful houses and beautiful churches, and it has such a true Mexican city feel to it.
4. Cenote Ik Kil: Every cenote is so different and unique, which is why we decided to go to more than just one. We loved getting to swim at Cenote Ik Kil, because it has the most amazing vines hanging down into the water, and it's set up in a way so that you can jump off a ledge and into the water from about 15 feet up. It's also only five minutes away from Chichen Itza, so it's a great spot to cool off after exploring the ruins.
3. Take a boat to Isla Mujeres: The water in Isla Mujeres is perfectly crystal clear. It is literally breathtaking. Isla Mujeres is a beautiful little island with white sand beaches, so it's the perfect place to spend the day playing in the ocean.
2. Hang at the beach and wander the town: Get lost in the shops, lay on the beach, and get Tacos from Mateos.
1. Swim with Whale Sharks: We went with Cancun Adventure Tours, and it was honestly the most amazing experience of our lives. There are truly no words to describe it, but it was the most peaceful, calming, magical experience we've ever had. It was definitely a bucket list experience, and we cannot recommend it highly enough.
We keep saying Tulum is like the Los Angeles of Mexico. It's right on the beach, totally trendy, and really dreamy. It's the perfect place for a retreat or a relaxing wellness getaway. It also doesn't really matter what time of year you go, because the weather is warm year round. Although we definitely suggest going in December or January, because it was hot in July. Tulum has the perfect mix of both Caribbean history and laid-back beach town vibes.
If you’re looking for a quick tropical getaway, Tulum is the perfect place to go!