It goes without saying that the Coronavirus has thrown a wrench in our travel plans this year. Well, it’s thrown a wrench in all of our plans this year, but that’s the norm for 2020. It went from two weeks to flatten the curve here in the USA to 7 months of lockdown and restrictions. It’s October and it may seem like there’s no light at the end of the tunnel, but good things are happening everyday that deserve to be shared.
We’ll update you here with all the good news related to the Coronavirus and travel as soon as it’s out. So you can just look in one spot to stay up to date:
Coronavirus Travel Updates
Nov 1, 2020:
- Peru is welcomed toursits opening Machu Picchu to 30% capacity on Nov. 1. Americans with a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival.
- Panama reopened to travelers with a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of travel on Oct 12th
- St. Kitts and Nevis are open with a negative COVID-19 test 72 hours before arrival. You will be confined to 6 approved hotels for the first 7 days. If travelers have a second negative COVID-19 PCR test (cost $100), then you will be allowed to access other areas of the countries.
- Bosnia-Herzegovina allows visitors with a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of travel
- Kosovo is open to all travelers. Curfews are in place from 11:30 PM to 5:00 AM
- Costa Rica is set to reopen on October 15th, welcoming passengers with negative COVID Tests, insurance that covers medical expenses and accommodation in case of COVID (we recommend World Nomads Insurance), and a filled out health form.
- Puerto Rico is another place open to American Citizens and the best part is that no passport is required! A negative test is required and you can find all the restrictions in place here.
- Starting Oct 15 Hawaii will be welcoming visitors back without a 14-day quarantine as long as they have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of their arrival to Hawaii.
- Alaska airlines will also be implementing a COVID-19 testing program from Seattle to Hawaii (similar to United) by offering priority COVID testing services at pop-up locations throughout Seattle. In addition, results will be administered within 2 hours and will cost $135.
- Airports around the country are adding rapid testing facilities. The current list includes SFO, JFK, Newark, and Tampa. LAX, DFW, Miami, and Chicago also have plans to add them as well.
Oct 11, 2020:
- JetBlue teamed up with Vault Health to offer discounted COVID testing to passengers.
- American Airlines is offering testing for their routes to Costa Rica, The Bahamas, from Miami to Jamaica, and have plans to add the rest of The Caribbean to the list.
Sep 26, 2020:
Sep 24, 2020:
- United Airlines says it will offer Travelers Coronavirus Tests at The Airport
- Starting October 15th, United Airlines working alongside Abbott Laboratories will begin offering rapid COVID-19 testing that will give results in 15 minutes. It will start being administered to passengers by mail that are booked on flights from SFO to Hawaii. Customers will have the option to ship the test back overnight or by putting it in a dropbox at SFO. Passengers will receive a text with their results. The option of doing a 14-day quarantine still exists.
- Lufthansa airlines will be implementing a similar program on intercontinental flights.